Friday, April 21, 2006

Stracco

I'm seventy or so hours of work into this week and Friday is just getting started. I'm working Saturday morning as well. That's about fifty Gearhead hours so far, five teaching acting, two in meetings, three in screenings, eight writing and two coaching tee ball.
I'm feeling restless, irritable and discontent.
My brow is knit. My back is hunched.
I saw this woman on the set of a music video this morning that I used to spend a lot of time with in NYC circa 1997. I really hope she is up from LA for this thing and not living in town working in the same sphere as I.
I'm looking for a day to take off from Gearhead next week. I've been riding my bike(s) this week. The retreat is coming up. And a family trip to Bend to see Beck and stay in a condo up at Mt. Bachelor for the long holiday weekend.
I'm reading Sometimes a Great Notion. I'm happy about that.
What it really comes down to is that I'm very tired. I need some rest. Until I can manage that, I'll have to take it easy on myself and others.

Ciao,
Signore Direttore

1 comment:

STAG said...

Hang in there Dude! You will succeed despite the difficulties. As you said, try not to focus on the negatives. A lesser man would be sizing up scapegoats at this point, resist that temptation because to do so will alienate the people you depend upon to create a good show.

(just thought I would comment after lurking for so many weeks....)