Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Spring Cleaning

Last Fall was a busy time for me - moving house, starting a day job, teaching, final rewrites of Original Glory and having our third child. So when we moved, my office was the last priority. It was tossed into a forgotten bedroom downstairs and ransacked over the past few months when something was needed. But today, oh glorious seventy degrees and sunny with the cherry blossoms in full bloom day that it was, my office was put in order. The editing suite is up and running.
My new assistant Jordan Karr-Morse started today. I think we'll be doing great things together in the coming months. He's a very talented DOP, as they call cinematographers in Britain where he was trained and has been working. Even if the greatness extends only to finishing some long-neglected unfinished short films, we'll be well ahead of the current status quo of dusty tapes.
One of the things Jordan is scheduled to assist me with is the Spring Actors Retreat taking place next month. We've rented a lodge up at Mount Hood and will be going up there to rehearse and shoot some scenes. The group commited to go is a dedicated and talented bunch. I'm sure we'll learn a bit and have a swell time in the mountain air.

I really love seeing all the cherry blossoms, especially the heavy, dark pink ones.

Ciao,
Signore Direttore

No comments: