Friday, March 14, 2008

Back on the Grid

I went off grid for a couple of days. Not entirely I suppose as I made one purchase on a card at the store in Klickitat yesterday. Big Brother surely took notice.
It was nice to get away. I move around a lot when I sleep so a sleeping bag doesn't provide the best night's sleep. But not having phone service or internet was good.
I was inspired by the scenery for the stuff I shot while there and I'm kicking some stuff around to shoot in the future. There's a script I wrote about five years ago that would work. I read it for the first time in about as long last night. Needs work, but there's plenty of good stuff there. We'll see.
I've been thinking about spending money all day. Money I don't have on stuff for which I have no immediate need. Whenever I'm shooting a lot I get pumped up to optimize my tool kit. I priced it out and let it sit. Telling myself no makes me more impulsive somehow. So I'll let it sit without judgment and see what happens. I made about sixty percent back last year on my investment in my camera package. I don't think I'll have such a strong year in oo8. Of course I didn't put all that money I earned toward the debt I took on to buy everything. Some, but not all. Had I applied all of it to the debt maybe I would have returned to the grid in a consuming frenzy.

If ... ,
Signore Direttore

No comments: