Saturday, February 09, 2008

New York City

All is well here in Gotham. We've been shooting the past two days. So far, it's been interiors. We got two separate locations from our hotel room by moving the furniture around. Getting some good stuff. It feels really good to have some of the missing pieces in the can, or on the hard drive as it were. Tomorrow we finish shooting. It's supposed to snow and we'll be outside. So that could be interesting. Nice contrast to the sunny days on Mt Hood for the primary action of the film.
I had lunch with a producer friend on Thursday. It was great to talk about film with him. He was very interested in what I've been doing. I gave him a DVD with some of the work that's in progress. Putting that together and handing it over makes me feel like I suck as a director. But I gave it to him anyway. It's not my job to figure out if I'm good or not. I gave him a script, too. He's a good guy that's always involved in something interesting. I hope to work with him again. Either way, it was a pleasure.
I've had a chance to connect with a couple of other friends as well. Which has been very comforting and enjoyable. I have some good friends here. Only a few of which I'm going to see. It's very affirming to reconnect to the city. There's part of me that wants to stay longer. And another that wishes we would have never moved. At the same time, what makes being here so enjoyable and so comfortable is that I don't really want anything from NYC anymore. I don't need to be affirmed by living here as I did for much of my life. The years I spent here run deep. I still like it -- it feels like home to me in many ways -- but it no longer is. It's as simple as that.

Ciao,
Signore Direttore

No comments: