Thursday, July 24, 2008

Made Crooked Theme



Vocals: Rose Stuart
Music: Mike Spicer
Lyrics: Neal Corl

Back in February, when we were getting on the plane leaving New York after shooting Joey's pickup scenes for Made Crooked, I had the idea that I wanted to write a song for Rose to sing that would express the film's theme. I quickly dismissed the idea as fantasy. But it ended up a reality. If you can dream it ...
I wrote the lyrics one Saturday evening a couple of weeks later. I've been working with the composer on the music and today Rose came over to "audition". I've heard she was a good singer but I had never heard her sing before today. I was very pleased with what she did in one quick take. This is very rough (though smoother than much of the film!), but I think it's great and I look forward to bringing it all together (the song, not the film) in the next couple of weeks. The film is getting closer. I think I've found an editor to do some work since Jordan's return from LA keeps getting delayed.

Grazie,
Signore Direttore

No comments: