Sunday, July 20, 2008

è chiamato lavoro

Down on my hands, well hand actually, and knees working non-stop this past week. Work, work, work. Frustrations of dealing with contractors, helpers, home centers, not enough time and an old fickle building. Della Court (don't know why it's called "court" since it's not a courtyard apartment) turns eighty this year. We've owned her since August of 1988. Going to great lengths to keep her looking almost as good as she was back when people didn't have televisions or even refrigerators. One of the apartments still has the old ice box.
It's a labor of love. I'm turning it over to a contractor to finish what I've started so I can get back to things more suited to me. We'll see how it goes. I'm trying to trust and let go of my perfectionism. I'm definitely looking forward to letting go of it a bit as I'm anxious to get all the units rented at full rate for the first time in four years. That income will allow me to return to writing Sway and other film projects. And to pay off the enormous debts we're taking on to finance these renovations.

Ciao,
Signore Direttore

No comments: