Saturday, May 20, 2006

Head In the Clouds, Feet On the Ground

There's no As If about it - something profound shifted in many of us last weekend. Whether or not things shift back to previous conditions isn't really at issue. They may or may not recede to the status quo. It doesn't matter what happens in the future. Paying attention to the here and now is, as always, paramount. There are a few of us that are doing exactly that. I'm proud that we could engage in an artistic expirment that affected us spiritually and emotionally. It tells me we were on to something - that the process allowed a revelation of our inner lives that was previously inaccesible. Isn't that the point?
What did we do that facilitated such discovery? First off, we let go of getting it right. We adhered to a structure of dramatic storytelling wherein we had to keep moving from scene to scene, much like live theater, yet without any need to give fair trade to the people in the seats. We were interdependent, completely, absolutely. No one could work by himself. No one was superfluous. Not a one of us could stand around and drain the energy as happens on many film sets. There was no time to wander off literally or figuratively. Nearly everything was intentional, even our meals and rest. Another boon - no cell service. I did notice a couple of people going into town at night to check their messages or doing so from the house phone. Not me. I wanted nothing to do with the outside world or my regular life.
That's why movie stars have personal assitants - so they can devote themselves to the world of the work at hand. I'm sure that there are the corrupt actors that go in for the status and ego, but the intention is to allow the actor to get every molecule into their work, disregarding phone calls, dry cleaning, driving, etc.
There's a saying that urges us to walk with our feet on the ground and our heads in the clouds.
I feel as if I can do that after last weekend. I am humbled by the experience. The humility offered a lot of joy. The moments that I tensed up and got urgent sucked. Focusing on preserving harmony and openness minimized the sucky moments the few times they started to raise their ugly heads.
I am no longer afraid to let go of control.
I am good enough to let go.
I trust.

¡Viva!
Signroe Direttore

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

a Beautiful post