Sunday, November 28, 2010

Flat Track Saturday Night







I'm producing a photography show for Ray Gordon called Throttle that's going up at W+K in February.  We went down to the State Fairgrounds in Salem last night to see the indoor flat track races and get some images.  Mine is the camera behind the camera.  You'll have to wait until next year to see what Ray grabbed.
It was cold and loud.  I was impressed by the speed and bravado of some of the top riders.  I liked many of the vintage and custom bikes.  I was charmed by the little kids and the women, even though admittedly most of them could out ride me.  Even the abundant and garish Moto-X Fox apparel had its appeal.   The crowd was very mixed and visually interesting.  Big Saturday night.  That's three big Saturdays in a row for me.  The Fairmont Kea Lani in Maui two weeks ago.  Last weekend it was poker with some of Portland's political elite and this week it was dirt bikes with a bunch of gearheads and rednecks.

No comments: