Saturday, March 18, 2006

Plate Tectonics

Don't know much about (geology)
Don't know much about Science books
Don't know much about the French I took
But I do know that I love you
And I know that if you loved me too
What a wonderful world this would be

But I do know that I love you
And I know that if you loved me too
What a wonderful world this would be

Things are shifting beneath my feet. To quote another song -
I can feel the earth move
under my feet ...

I can see the walls come tumbling down ... tumbling down

Substitute postures for walls, please.

But A Dream is going to be a fine little film. I've met with an editor, someone both professional and with whom I have a personal connection. Some of the film is going to have to come together in the edit. That's entirely appropriate for films, though in my purist attitude toward things I feel somewhat apologetic.
Watching the film, I notice a couple of issues with my directing abilities. When rushed or pushed by circumstances on set, the resulting footage feels more rushed than not. When labored over, there are moments sublime interwoven with moments overwrought. In short, my work continues to be somewhat uneven.

I watched London Calling last night with my friend that's trying to salvage the sound. The film is very uneven. My vain attempt to cut it in the camera leaves me with few options of bringing it together in the edit. Any one of my vain attempts to blame some of the principal crew I hired offers a fine example of a confusing cause and effect fallacy.

There is litte despair in this. For I am trying to turn it over. Hit me again, Marcus Aurelius:
Whatever happens at all, happens as it should!

I'm right where I'm supposed to be.

I've been wanting to arrive for so long. It turns out I may not be there, but I'm certainly more here.

Ciao,
Il apprendista alla direttore

No comments: