Friday, March 17, 2006

It's either a spiritual journey ...

... or it isn't.

It is or it isn't. That's the only thing that's black and white about it.
I'm on a spiritual journey or I'm not.
Contrition is an intellectual frame of regret and repentance for wrongs done
-- treating misdeeds and sins, if you will, in terms of morality. That's
all fine and good. I tend to come to that level of self-awareness and
accountability when I'm accountable at all.

However, I'm beginning to realize that might not be the point. What if I
were to amend my actions and attitudes because I want to be closer to my
creator rather than just trying to be a "good person" or to "get it right"?
Is not trying to be good or to get it right an effort to be in control?
What if I were to treat others and myself with the love that represents the
gratitude I feel for the blessings in my life?
What if I weren't concerned with good and bad as much as accepting each
moment and its players as being exactly how it and they are supposed to be?
What if I approached life as a mystery to be lived rather than a problem to
be solved?
What would happen if I let go?
How the hell do you do that anyway?
Probably requires patience and practice.
Ugh.

Shuddering to think,
Signore Direttore

No comments: