Saturday, February 07, 2009

Generation Kill



This HBO mini-series is awesome. I read the book a few years ago and I have to say I liked the show a lot better. Not that the book isn't good, but the actors, writers and directors brought a world that seemed distant on the page up close and personal on the screen. I watched each of the seven parts two to four times this week. It's that good.
I'm really skeptical about David Simon's project set in New Orleans, but after seeing another grand slam from the man I'm getting somewhat optimistic about Treme. Not entirely however as both The Wire and Generation Kill were based on journalistic writing, while Treme is not. I read the script to the pilot and I know one of the cats it's based on. Neither give me much hope.
But if you've finished The Wire and feel lonely and sad, Generation Kill might get feed your good TV jones for another week.

No comments: