Monday, March 05, 2007

Deeply Weird Coincidence

Okay. This is strange. I'm making this short this weekend that draws on an experience of mine from about twenty-five years ago. I stole the cable remote from my friend's family. I stole it becuase ours went missing and I spent the money that my mom gave me to replace it. I've been thinking about it a lot recently.
Just now we got a phone call on our home phone. Not many people call on that line other than solicitors and parents from our children's schools. It was my friend from middle school and early high school. We haven't seen each other since high school aside from a random run in on Hawthorne fifteen years ago. She said she hasn't thought of me in years, but she had a dream about me last night and decided to look me up to see what became of me.
I'm here Wendy, mining my inner life's petty crime memories for film inspiration.

I'm sure it's just a coincidence.

nc

No comments: