Saturday, March 10, 2007

Another One Down

We shot March's short film, Blowing Up, today. It went well. I got tired going into hour ten, but felt no stress of note. Nice way to work. And work it certainly was, so I'm going to sign off and fill you in on the details later.

Thanks go out to Stephen Lisk as Floyd, Eric Stevens as Matt, Greg Schmitt as DP, Dennis Brenahugh as AD/Producer, Jordan Karr-Morse as AC/Camera Op, Brian Grubb on Sound, Brian Seidel as Grip, Tom as 2nd AC, Travis as PA, Ed as PA, SImon Hill as Stills/PA.

I did the writing, directing, producing, casting, set decoration, wardrobe and hair and makeup. I'll give myself credit for the writing and directing. And maybe for editing and producing, we'll see. The rest is just part of being a no-budget filmmaker.

We did a number of setups involving complex dolly moves that were half a page long. Things often went so well that we would go for a page to almost two on the takes. I liked what I was seeing and just let it continue. It was fun.

Buona Sera
Signore Dirretore

No comments: