Friday, January 19, 2007

Signing Autographs

I signed about fifteen autographs today. Yep. I'm a celebrity in the eyes of a class of fifth graders in Aloha. To be honest, remembering how excited those kids were to get the crew's autographs after shooting a segment of an educational training video in their classroom puts a new perspective on the past couple of days. It's pretty easy to get cynical about doing this type of work. I've been taking the possession of a hard-earned set of skills and a lot of expensive equipment for granted.
Those kids were so unjaded and very good little actors. I told them I should have been asking for their autographs. Which is kind of bullshit to have talked the talk instead of putting a pen and paper back in their hands.
The methods in the teacher training were sound and even insprirational. The content consisted primarily of strategies for more active reading. I certainly know some actors that would benefit from stronger reading skills. I learned a few thinks about pedagogy as well.
Anyway, it's good to account for the ease in which I fall into negative thinking.

¡viva!
nc

No comments: