Sunday, January 21, 2007

Klepto Assembly

In spite of a severe cold, NFL conference playoffs, our wedding anniversary and my only day off this week, I just finished the assembly of Klepto.
There's something there. Some nice shots and performances. It's all going to cut together. There was one shot that is unusable because the main picture car and some crew are in the background. It was at the end of the day. I was helping the actor hit a mark and Jordan was watching focus. The performance isn't quite right to boot - actor trying to concentrate on hitting the mark more than what's appening in the moment. So I just went to the next shot and kind of like it better anyway.
Overall, it's a very quiet film beyond the lack of dialogue. I am not sure if everything works, maybe it does, but at this point I opted not to get trigger happy. I'm not going to try to figure it out yet. I think this is the first time I've ever cut something where I just laid clips down without looking at transistions or what I had so far until I was at the final shot. Anyway, the response I had to the doubt I experienced at one point was that I'll do my best and listen to what others have to say about what works and what doesn't when the time comes.
Process. Process. Process. Assembly today. Rough cut tomorrow. Per gradi.

Pazientemente,
Signore Direttore

No comments: