Thursday, May 22, 2008

Vaporized Disappointment

Los Angeles
City of Angels
That's not smog
It's vaporized dissapointment

- Miss Lola Belle

Here I am once more. Los Angeles. It's hard to come down here and not feel vulnerable. Some of the people that I'm fortunate enough to know and spend time with while I'm here are accomplished. Their careers are in play. Of course they want more success and more rewards, but they have crossed thresholds that I have not.
Much of what I know in theory about the craft and the business of making films, they practice. What I hold as ideals they sometimes reject as impractical, unlikely or simply naive.
My path is not the same as theirs and I don't know if our paths will ever cross. More so than ever I see that my ideas are my own and while they may be challenged by those that live and work within the industry they remain valid. I don't want to be a part of this at the expense of my own vision. There are people here with much skill and knowledge to be sure. I admire and envy their talent and experience. I'm even inspired by it. However, it is very apparent that what I want to do and what these people are doing are very different beasts. Cross-breeding is possible, but one must tread cautiously. Thinking of myself as a digital folk artist feels more and more appropriate.

Independently Yours,
Signore Direttore

No comments: